Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different models you have available?
The Weed Zapper Annihilator comes in three models:
- The Annihilator 6R30, which can cover 6 30-inch rows
- The Annihilator 8R30, which can cover can cover 8 30-inch rows
- The Annihilator 12R30, which can cover 12 30-inch rows.
- The Annihilator 16R30, which can cover 16 30-inch rows.
What is the wattage of each model?
The Annihilator 6R30 and 8R30 each come with a 100,000+ -watt generator, while the 12R30 and 16R30 utilize a 150,000-200,000 watt generator.
How much does each model cost?
- The Annihilator 6R30 is priced at $42,000
- The Annihilator 8R30 is priced at $45,000
- The Annihilator 12R30 is priced at $52,000
- The Annihilator 16R30 is priced at $58,000
After just covering 200 acres of land, each model of The Weed Zapper has proven to be more cost-effective than traditional weed-pulling methods like chemicals and manual labor.
What are the safety features on this machine?
Since this unit utilizes high-voltage electricity, we’ve taken every precaution and added numerous safety sensors to each model:
- Electricity will shut down if the coulter raises off the ground;
- if the driver gets out of the tractor seat;
- and if the monitor senses a loss of motion
What is the tractor horse power required for each model?
Each unit requires a different minimum tractor horse power:
- The Annihilator 6R30 requires a 135 PTO HP tractor
- The Annihilator 8R30 requires a 150 PTO HP tractor
- The Annihilator 12R30 requires a 225 PTO HP tractor
- The Annihilator 16R30 requires a 275 PTO HP tractor
Does The Weed Zapper affect soil health?
Based on the testing we have conducted, killing weeds with electricity does not affect the health of your soil. We will begin extensive testing spring 2019 through our local university.
How much land can The Weed Zapper cover in one hour?
The Weed Zapper can cover up to 12.5 acres per hour.
What weeds have you killed using this machine?
The Weed Zapper Annihilator has been tested on all of the following weeds, as well as cover crops:
- Lamb’s quarter
- Black-eyed Susan
- Queen Anne’s lace
- Johnson grass
- Water hemp
- Velvet leaf
- Palmer amaranth
Do you still have questions?
We are happy to answer any further questions you might have about this unit. Simply fill out the contact form and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.